2018 Impact Programme
Ashoka launched on the 11th of January the fourth Impact Programme in Belgium to strengthen, with the expertise of Accenture and Oksigen Lab, social entrepreneurs with a strong potential and engaged in challenges around integration and/or employment. This Impact Programme is part of HELLO EUROPE, where Ashoka is organising accelerator programs around migration and integration all over Europe.
Between January and May 2018, the Impact Programme will support 11 social entrepreneurs, helping them to re-think their business plan and scaling strategy for greater impact. The participants will benefit from Ashoka, Accenture and Oksigen Lab expertise to professionalize their project through:
- 3 seminars: workshops based on the “7 Key questions for social entrepreneurs” guide from Ashoka with several experts (social entrepreneurs, professionals from the private sector, external consultants, etc.)
- individual weekly coaching sessions by professional coaches
- participation in the HELLO EUROPE Migration Policy Summit in June 2018 in Brussels
Since 2016, HELLO EUROPE aims to support and spread the most impactful approaches to migration and integration in Europe. HELLO EUROPE, initiated and lead by Ashoka, is supported by a European consortium of companies and foundations such as Accenture, Boehringer Ingelheim, Zalando, the Robert Bosch Foundation and the Schöpflin Foundation.
The Impact programme breaks down siloes by connecting social entrepreneurs with the world of business. On top of four months coaching, the selected organizations will attend collective workshops hosted by experts to further refine their scale-up strategy. Based on Ashoka’s 7 Key Questions Guide, they learn about impact measurement, organizational and economic models and many other crucial topics around growing a successful social enterprise.
More than just an accelerator program, Ashoka Impact Programme is a unique opportunity for high potential social entrepreneurs to meet, exchange and learn from each other. It is also a platform for businesses and social entrepreneurs to collaborate and re-think the integration and employment ecosystem together in order to have an even greater social impact. As today’s societal challenges are so complex, it requires multiple perspectives and collaboration across sectors to create innovative, large-scale and lasting solutions.
At the end of these four months of formation, all laureates will present a socially oriented business plan and will have the opportunity to pitch their project in front of a jury who will elect the most impactful projects who will be rewarded
- Innovative nature of the project
- Current and prospective social impact of the project
- Innovative solutions toward integration and employment
- Viability and sustainability of the economic model
- Potential and creativity of the development strategy
- Entrepreneurship and availability of the project leader
- Project supported by a motivated team
- Maturity of the project and link with Belgium